So its great that we have videos for the memories but I think I will take
pictures on future Christmases just for things like this.
Shyanne was so spoiled on her first Christmas, unfortunately she was pretty grumpy on Christmas day. Here are her presents from us, Santa and the grandparents-
- Fisher Price laugh and learn kitchen- Santa
- Alphabet and number play mat- Santa
- Stuffed animals- Santa
- Fisher Price farm jumperoo- Mom and Dad
- First Christmas ornament- Mom and Dad
- Lots of books and clothes- From everyone
- Fisher Price little people stable- Grandma and Grandpa Gunther
- Shoes- Grandma and Grandpa Gunther
- Shape toybox- Grandma and Grandpa Manis
- Superman onesie- John and Britt
- Squeaky blocks- Jake, Darcy and Isabel
- New shirt- Jessie
- Teething toy- Devan and Rachel
We spent the 22nd-23rd at Cory's parents house where we opened presents from them and it was great because we just relaxed and it was nice and calm and rejuvenating. Here is what Cory and I got from them
Cory
- Bullets
- PJ pants
- Socks
- Policeman ornament
- Toothbrush
Danielle
- Folding Table and chairs
- PJ pants
- Cake pan with lid
- Paring knife
- Toothbrush
We spent Christmas Eve night and Christmas day at my parents house. Christmas Eve night was the Gunther party which we usually have at my Grandma Gunther's house but it was a big change this year because my parents held it at their house. It was a great party this year filled with great food and lots of visiting. Grandma Gunther got us a great Thomas Kinkade Christmas decoration and Shyanne a little elephant that you put shapes in and a triangle toy with a bunch of different activities on it. Then that night we gathered around and opened Christmas PJ's from my parents. Cory and I stayed up until 2 am getting all the presents ready and putting things together. Then I woke up at like 4:30 because I couldn't sleep from being too excited! I swear I am like 5 years old :)
Finally once it was time for Christmas morning to start (I had already layed in bed for an hour, taken a shower, put on a little bit of make-up, fixed my hair and gotten dressed in my PJ's) all the kids and grandkids gathered at the top of the stairs until my parents told us it was okay to come down, my parents did this to us when we were little and the anticipation was almost too much to handle on Christmas morning. It was fun to be able to do this tradition with my daughter as well. Christmas morning lasted about 3 hours this year! We had to take a few breaks and I think Shyanne ended up taking two naps during the whole present process. Cory and I opened our presents from each other and from my parents this morning. These are the presents from my parents-
Cory
- Ladder
- Nice church sweater
Danielle
- Cowhide purse
- Target gift card
- Breadmaker (I just started a loaf)
- Ingredients to make bread
Here are our presents to each other
Cory
- Ratcheting wrench set
- New Call of Duty for Xbox
- Policeman ornament
- Pillow
- Snap -On leatherman set
- Winchester knife set
- Dodge steering wheel cover
Danielle
- Epic Mickey for Wii
- Pre-ordered Zelda for Wii
- Diamond necklace
- Sketch-pad and colored pencils
- Hercules movie
- Tree skirt
- Bezzerwizzer game
Cory got a dodge keychain and a rechargeable spotlight from Jessie and I got a kitty play center from John. I got Jake True Grit and a John Wayne mug and Cory got Jessie a computer game and a Red Sox lanyard. Us kids went in on our parents gifts and we got my dad an old fashioned popcorn maker and my mom a 6 ft nutcracker! We got Cory's mom a new knife and Kerry a Grinch shirt :)
After presents we did breakfast, sausage casserole and homemade buttermilk pancakes at my parents. Grandma Mackay came over to join us. Then the whole day we all just played with our new toys and played games. Darcy got all the boys nerf guns and they were a BIG hit! It was so funny, John fell asleep upstairs so when the boys opened theirs they went up and ambushed him, it was hilarious! Those probably entertained us for a good hour and Cory's is still fun for us... tho the cats are hating it :) Christmas night we went to my Grandma Mackay's for an open house and were able to see all my cousins and visit and eat food again! It was a really great Christmas this year and a great first year for Shyanne tho she was pretty grumpy all day.



No comments:
Post a Comment