I love the Season because-
- Giving gifts to people I care about, I love finding the perfect gift for someone and then watching them as they open it.
- All the decorations and Christmas lights that bring such a peaceful spirit to the whole Season
- Getting together with family for baking, shopping, hanging out, and partying
- Remembering Christ and the best gift we will ever be given
- Buying presents for Shyanne's first Christmas! I can't wait for her first Christmas
- Drinking hot chocolate while watching some of my favorite Christmas movies
- SNOW!
These are just some of the things I can think of right now. I have also been thinking the last little bit how grateful I am for true friends. To me a true friend is a friend that doesn't care f you can't come to your Christmas party, they still invite you next year; someone who doesn't care if you can buy them a present that year because they know that love is not measured by presents; a friend is someone who wants to get together with you not because they need help with something but just because they want to spend time with you; a true friend doesn't wait for you to "make the first move" because friendship has nothing to do with pride; most of all a true friend to me is someone that will stay your friend because they have found a similar soul and it doesn't matter if we talk every month or even every year and if I mess up, a true friend forgives me and we move on. How lucky are we to be able to find people like this in our lives? Someone who lifts us up and makes us feel better about ourselves. It is not worth working on friendships when they bring you down, who cares if you've known each other for 20 years or if you had the best time in middle school, high school or college or if all of your hobbies are the same and you used to be able to hang out for hours and not have to be doing or saying anything. I've looked back on my life and reviewed my present life and realized how hard these friends are to come by and how lucky I am to have some in my life now and I will try to nourish and build these relationships because a persons true wealth is measured in the quality of their friends, not the number and I want to be rich! I just want to say thank you to the people in my life who are this for me and I hope I am always showing them how much they mean to me. MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!



1 comment:
Ok first. Snow?! YUCK! Although I watch people shoveling it and that looks like a good workout so that can be the only plus about snow. (and it might look pretty from the inside but once you're in it...YUCK!)
Second. Christmas movie and hot chocolate... uh oh! Tomorow?!
Third. I'm not a true friend! Ah! It's December 22nd and we still havent watched that Chrismas movie with hot chocolate! Ah! I'm sorry!! But my treats were yummy at least right? :)
Post a Comment