Friday, November 21, 2008

Good and Bad

Well as some of you know and many of you don't, Maverik my baby kitty, broke his leg last Saturday and we had to take him in to get some wires surgically placed around the bone to hold it together so it could fuse. I have had a lot of people tell me that it was a foolish way to spend money and that I should have just euthanized him, I guess there aren't many people out there who feel the way about animals like my family does. He needs to wear his splint for 6 weeks and has to have medicine twice a day for the next week, it will be a rough few weeks but he is worth it. The next bit of news is what is so good that it will hopefully add some balance to the terribly bad news...

DISNEYLAND!!!! We are leaving tomorrow morning and will be gone until the following sunday!! We will be celebrating Thanksgiving at a restaurant in Downtown Disney with some relatives. There will be 10 of us on this vacation because my parents and siblings along with their families are all going, PARTY!! The sad thing is that I will be away from sick Mav-Bo-Dav and my brother in law is taking care of him, that just makes me nervous because it isn't me there.

But still... DISNEYLAND!!!!

5 comments:

Jolene said...

Have a great time Danielle - I wish I was going to Disneyland for Thanksgiving! Tell all of your family hi for me (us)!

Angela said...

oh poor kitty! I hope he feels better! I just have one question for you as you leave for Disneyland..."Do you know the way to San Jose?"

Brynn and Brad said...

Holy cow i have an identical story! our little pomeranian Roxy broke her leg after we had only had her for 2 weeks. we spent $1200 on surgery to place a pin in her arm. she had a cast on for 8 weeks. it was so sad!
anyway, have fun in Disneyland!!!

Angela said...

Hey danielle I'm here!! When can we hang out?!ju

Jolene said...

Danielle - e-mail me (jolene593 at msn dot com) so I can send you a Christmas card! I want to know about your Disney trip! Get to posting!