Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Engagements

Okay so first I am going to tell you about our engagement process. So I had been feeling like I was ready to get married for probably a month and Cory was dragging his feet. He kept saying, I need to have more money. One day while I was bugging him about it he was like okay, lets do it. So we actually called the temple and set a date before we were actually engaged. I went out ring shopping with Carly and found the ring that I wanted, while we were out shopping the guy was flirting hard core with Carly and when we went in at another time the lady that was the owner (who was wearing the goddiest ring I have EVER seen!) informed us that this kid had wanted to get Carly's number but she told him no not in the work place. Let's just say that she totally saved Carly, while this guy was very nice and friendly he was a little nerdy, definitely not Carly's type. So anyways I took Cory to show him the ring I liked and he was like "That's nice but I like this one a lot more." As I got to looking at it and trying it on I decided he was totally right, I loved it! Then Cory realized the mistake he made when we compared price tags, the new ring was twice as much as the one I had originally picked out! It was well worth it though because I absolutely love my ring and am proud to show it off and I can actually say that my husband picked it out :) So on with the story, one day Cory called me about the time he gets off work and say "Guess what I just did?" I knew he had gone and picked up the ring! For weeks after that he kept sending me pictures of the box and when I would be at his apartment he would set the box up in the closet where he knew I could see it. I am proud to say that I never peeked even once! Coming from me that is pretty amazing because I am a total Christmas present snoop.

I kept wondering when he was going to pop the question. We went to my parents for Easter to spend the weekend. We sat down for dinner with the family and dinner came and dinner went (his original plan was to do it during dinner). I thought maybe he would do it then but he didn't so I figured he wasn't going to do it that weekend. We were sitting around watching TV, after about an hour I asked him if he was ready to leave to go back to Cedar, he said he wasn't ready yet so I went and got the bags ready. Another hour or so later I asked him if he was ready and he said he was and he wanted me to help him up. As I was pulling him up he got down on one knee and asked me right there in my parents living room. It was funny because nobody noticed but my sister in law Brittney, she turned to my brother and says "Did that just happen?" and then everyone started freaking out. Darcy comes running out of the bathroom yelling "That did not just happen while I was in the bathroom!" It was a pretty funny engagement actually.









I was on a posting frenzy so keep scrolling down :)

2 comments:

Angela said...

aaw so cute!! I'm glad you told that story!

Angela said...

haha you totally saw my blog before I had time to tell you I really liked how you did the side of your blog!! AND that I am totally copying you! :) Thanks for the idea!!