Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Wedding

WARNING: this is Super long and may be boring to you, mostly it is for our memories :)

I absolutely love my wedding pictures and as a picture taker, my photographer was incredible, the BEST we could have gotten, but as a businessman... a DISGRACE! Seriously The. WORST. EVER. There was huge drama with our pictures after the wedding, crap with him going out of business and basically holding my pictures hostage. Thanks to the really amazing effort and work of the studio that took over his name we finally got our pictures 3 years later. The plus of it all is that it has been really fun to look back at the pictures and remember it all again.

We got married on September 1, 2007 after dating for 16 months. We were married in the Salt Lake Temple in the morning and did pictures with the family and then our own pictures on the temple ground after the ceremony. After that we had our luncheon at my parents stake house. The bride and groom and their parents gave speeches and my father-in-law played our song on the guitar and sang it, so beautiful. Dumb mistake, we didn't record it. I have been bugging him to this day to play it again so that I can record it. Then we had a couple hours to relax, what I remember the most about this time is Laura and Carly bringing me a Dr. Pepper! They were the best! Then we took pictures at the park behind my parents house with the bridal party and families. This is when we realized that my brother in laws tuxes had a hole in the pants and my father in laws shirt was dirty and smelled like tobacco, great! They were good sports about it though. Then the reception started. We had it in my parents back yard and it was so amazing. I absolutely loved my reception. My parents put so much work into it, not just decorating for the reception but getting the yard ready the whole summer before our wedding. My dad was an animal getting all sorts of stuff ready. One of the funny things that happened while we were getting stuff put up the night before was my friend Laura was stringing lights on the deck and basically got electrocuted! I loved dancing with my Dad, new husband and some of his great friends. Once the night was over we had a horse drawn carriage pick us up in the front of the house that took us down to the church where the truck was. I hope that one day Cory and I will be able to go on another carriage ride, so romantic. We both went in to the church to change our clothes and then Brittney, Carly and Laura spent like 10 minutes getting bobby pins out of my hair, no joke! When we went to the truck it wouldn't start! Dustin had decorated it all out and put confetti in the stacks so that it would blow all over, he had to tell us this since we were just going to take another vehicle but he wanted us to see the confetti. Confetti blew all over us for about a year every time we would turn the vent on in the truck :) So John gave us a jump and we headed out. Our minds were so not on anything but where we were going because we stopped at 7-eleven for snacks and turned the truck off! John had to drive there and give us another jump start :) We spent that night at the Anniversary Inn in the Swiss Family Robinson room. the whole day was beautiful and I often say that I wish we could do it all over again :)


He was stepping on my dress :)


























Freaking sexy









The spread: cheesecake with your choice of topping
and chocolate and caramel fountains with a smear of treats to dip in them





We used my boots for center pieces and put beautiful wildflowers in them.








I LOVED our cake


Look how perfect our day was


The whole wedding party


Every time I look at the pictures of me with my bridesmaids I have to laugh,
Carly kept holding her bouquet too high and so before each picture after this we would say "Carly, bouquet!"






My family :)

Part of Cory's family, its crazy to look at this picture and see how much the family has grown. Since this, his 3 brothers have gotten married,
one of them had a baby
and another with one on the way!






Unfortunately we got married while two of Cory's brothers were on their missions.
These were the stand ins.

I am totally giving Cory the "you better not!" look right here and he
was sweet (or smart) enough not to do it








My dad and I getting emotional during the daddy daughter
dance. I was stressing over what song I would dance to with my Dad for
like 2 months before the wedding. I just knew that I didn't want to dance to Butterfly
Kisses because EVERYONE did! But after listening to over 100 songs
there were no other songs that I liked as much so... we danced to
Butterfly Kisses and it was perfect :)







One of the only times I've seen my parents dance.








At the end of the reception we left in a horse drawn carriage. The only thing about the reception that I look back on and can say that I regret is that there are NO pictures of the full carriage, non that include the horses.

3 comments:

Courtney B said...

Your wedding pictures are so pretty!! I loved looking at them! I want to have my wedding again too...haha so fun! The only thing that I regret about your Delta reception is that little episode of Eric dropping me wasn't caught on tape...we could've won money on America's funniest video's or something! :)
Oh and I love your ring! Ah :)

Angela said...

Amazing pictures and I'm so glad you finally got them! I wish I could have been there for your wedding!! Love you Danielle!

Carly said...

HA I love all of it! But I think you meant to say that you and Cory got married while two of his brothers were on their missions. Instead you said while they were married :)