Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Watch out world, Ive turned one!

Shyanne turned one on April 10th. As they always say (who are they by the way?) "I can't believe it has gone this fast and she is growing too fast!" We had a great party for extended family and Shyanne's friends on Saturday, April 9 at my parents house. I was SO grateful for all the help from my mom and Cory was there for me with any thing I needed help with. I had a lot of fun doing the decorating and getting the cake ready. We had 86 slices of pizza and 96 cupcakes! Mind you, all of the cupcakes had to be frosted! We had about 40 people show up and had a great time visiting with everyone. Shyanne got spoiled of course. She is so lucky to have so many people that love her.










On her birthday, Sunday, April 10, we had a little party at home with my parents and Shyanne's Aunt Jessie since Jessie came up from Cedar City to see Shyanne on her birthday. The grownups ate dinner first while Shyanne took a nap, she was not a very happy girl on her birthday so we figured the more sleep the better! Finally after waiting for almost 2 hours we went and woke her up to do presents and cake. She was S.P.O.I.L.E.D by her her parents! We went a little crazy. The piece of advice that I was recently given and will follow from here on out is to not start shopping too early. We started shopping very early and as a result we kept seeing things that we had to have as the weeks went on till her birthday so her pile just kept growing and growing. All cute and fun stuff with most of it being clothes but she really needed some summer clothes so its okay that we got her so much clothes (this is my justification and it is a good one!)







Isn't Shyanne so lucky to have such a handsome daddy?


She was so funny with her cake. When I first put it in front of her all she did was pick off the sprinkles and eat them! (note to self, NO SPRINKLES!) After I pushed her hand in it she dove in a little more, obviously :)




Thanks for stopping by, see ya!

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

How did you get Eric to smile in that picture?! He always cries and COMPLAINS when I pull out the camera... haha!
The pony cupcakes are adorable!! You're amazing Danielle! Wish I could've been there :(
Oh and I TOTALLY agree with your justification ;)

N8 and Sarah said...

Wow I can't believe she's 1 already!!!! She's such a cutie!! :)