Thursday, February 3, 2011

Bacon, I Smell Bacon

Have I mentioned lately that we are blessed? Seriously these last few weeks have left me so humble and grateful and there is one more AMAZING thing to add to the list... After completing POST 18 months ago, applying to countless departments, having 3 'so close we can taste it' close calls, thousands of prayers, millions of doubts, and a few arguments here and there... it looks like I am going to need to keep a store of donuts in the house cuz Cory has been offered a position as a police officer for the police department at the Salt Lake Airport!!! He is a Pig, Po-po, the 5-0 and yes I do smell bacon and I am so so so so so proud of Cory! He has persevered and our patience and heartache have payed off. I am very excited for him to be with this department, we have only heard good things about them and I feel extra proud because we have also heard it is one of the harder departments to get with. I don't even know what to do with myself lately life has been so good. I am grateful to Cory for sticking this out and so proud of him for achieving his dream. It is so weird to sit here and write that he is actually a police officer after all this time, it doesn't seem real!

My sexy policeman

In other news I also have a couple of jobs, the smaller one is cleaning my mom's house for her once a week. This helps both of us out, her because she has taken a few more days at work and doesn't want to spend her days off cleaning and me obviously because she is paying me! Also, because of my AMAZING friend Erin (who I am grateful for also) I am working with her for her dads appraisal company, I will be processing real estate appraisals. The really great thing about this is it is on my time, I just have to have them turned in by a deadline. So among other great things in our lives these are some that are right on top of the list :) I want to say thank you to all the people that helped us through this time and once more thank you to the people who stuck with us and supported and loved us during that hard year that Cory was attending POST. It was a difficult time and those who were selfless, understood and stayed by us through that really helped us to get through it and look, it payed off!

3 comments:

Courtney B said...

Woo hoo!! I'm so excited for you guys! The feeling is just amazing when everything works out huh?! I still have a hard time with the idea that Eric's working in a steady job and he's not going crazy looking for work anymore! Not to mention how grateful I am!
(P.S. Now I want bacon..)

West Family said...

Yay!!! So happy for you guys. Someone's birthday is coming up soon too! I sure love you and miss you!

N8 and Sarah said...

Congrats!!! I'm so gald he found something! :)