Thursday, March 25, 2010

Family

Soon our family will be expanding and we are very excited and anxious for her to come. I have been thinking a lot about family and how I want ours to be, what kind of parents I want Cory and I to be. I have always felt very lucky for my parents and hugely blessed that I was welcomed into such a great family. My mom is a great example of the type of mother I want to be, so caring of everyone and not quick to judge. She wants to help out wherever she is needed. I have come to rely on her as I have gotten older and really cherish the friendship we have. I know that not many daughters would want to spend their free days hanging out with their moms but that is the first thing I want to do when I have time. My dad is a rock and someone that I have always looked up to in my life. He has always done what it takes to take care of his family, we had some rough times and through it all his strength has kept me brave. He is the first person I want to call when life gets too hard or when we are given a huge blessing, I trust and value his advice and opinion more than anyone else in the world. Seeing the way he welcomed Cory into our family and watching him give Cory so much respect really made me love my daddy even more. He has treated Cory like his own son and I know that Cory has gained confidence with certain things in his life because of my dads advice and example. I was so blessed as a child and only hope I can give our child the life my parents gave me.
Now on to the the father of my child, my amazing husband, Cory. I don't even know how to explain the way I feel when I think about Cory. I am SO lucky. Over this past year my love and appreciation for him has grown ino something that I almost can't even comprehend. sometimes I just feel so much that I don't know what to do with myself (I told you I couldn't put it into words!). I miss him every day while we are at work and I make myself stay up late to the point where I am exhausted the next day just because I want to be with him. He has been there through the whole pregnancy, giving me foot and back rubs, drawing bubble baths for me, going out and buying me food on a whim :), doing the dishes because he knows how much I hate to, dealing with my pregnant moods that can get quite terrible!, and so so much more. I have seen him with other peoples kids and know that he is going to be a great dad and I can't wait to see him with our baby girl. The person he is never fails to amaze me, he is like no one I've ever met, patient, kind, concerned, genuine. He never wants to hurt other peoples feelings, unfortunately because of what a genuine guys he is people walk all over him and sometimes don't give him the time of day. When I see people treat him like this, strangers or someone we know, I just want to cry and punch them in the face!!! :) I am so excited for our little family to grow and can't believe I have someone so amazing to be beside me through it all.





2 comments:

Sister Michelle Summerhays said...

I am the same way with my mom. She is my best friend. It's funny how everyone tells you that will happen and I remember thinking 'yeah, right. my mom is lame' and now I am biting my tongue. :) I'm so excited for you to be a mommy! You will be great!

Angela said...

What a cute post! I love your parents too and I know you and Cory will make great parents too!